Saturday, 30 August 2014

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL PUSH-UP LINER


This shit is like sharpie



I've had this sitting in my drawer since it first came out for the sheer fact that I absolutely hate it! Everyone seems to rave about it and I feel like I'm missing something. I don't know if its because I have forever used the Collection 2000 fast stroke liquid liner or I got my hopes too high. Whatever it is, I don't get on with it. When I was taking pictures for this post I got a little carried away and ended up doing some serious Winehouse eyes without realising how important the Push-up liner remover was... I spent ten minutes scrubbing my eyes with Micellar water and even that, the strongest makeup remover didn't even make a dent - You can imagine the panic when I had work in an hour.
I have to admit, I am hard to please when it comes to liners. I've stuck to the same one for four years, that's the longest relationship I've had with anything. When the Push-up liner came out I thought maybe it was time for a breakup, but in the end it just made us stronger. I hate the Push-up liner for a number of reasons 1| It's meant to be easier to use however, the formula goes on really creamy to begin with but dries within a second, I had to keep adding to it to make it even and I ended up with a scaly looking line that seemed like it was one crack away from flaking. 2| It's really difficult to get a clean looking line without having to run over it a million times. 3| The liners not extremely expensive but when you have to buy a remover on top of that, it seems silly to buy the two separately.
I feel a little bad slating the liner when it does have a few good qualities. Admittedly it is a pain the arse to buy a remover but, the liner doesn't move. If I'm having a good day and it looks good, that would be something I'd appreciate. Its the blackest liner I have used and would be great for 60's bombshell looks for thick feline flicks. The flexi silicone tip is a great idea and does feel nice on the eye and I can see why it would improve the look of your flicks. The formula works really well for the tight line and waterline but on skin its not doing it for me. Its an ok liner, but the concept just doesn't work for me. I feel bad for saying it, but I don't think its worth the high expectations I had for it.
Who knows I could be doing something completely wrong and it really is truly amazing but it didn't work for me. I think if your happy with the liner you're using at the moment its not worth the £18.50. If you have tried it how did you get on with it?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love this liner! It takes a little practice but now I cannot be without it.

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it so I can't comment but the fact that it was targeted to be sold with its own remover but me off buying it. It's also quite pricey for an eyeliner in my opinion x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Maybelline dupe and love it! I would never buy this though, I hate the They're Real mascara as well. The Body Shop Camomile eye makeup remover gets the Maybelline one off easily xxx

    www.girlwithlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read quite a few reviews that say they don't love it, it does seem like it's totally over-hyped. Considering Maybelline so one that is half the price, I will be trying that one instead. Great hones review.

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely over rated!! Great post :)

    XoXo Shea L. ------------> kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love disappointing products posts, they're so useful and Im glad Ive seen this one- I also use the Collection Fast Stroke and I love it. So annoying thats its hard to remove as well, hope you managed to get most of it before work!

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a useful post as I've been wanting to try this liner for ages! Worst thing for me is that my eye area gets really dry so it wouldn't work at all for me! x

    Faye | http://fayexbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Daisie Grace Gibson. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig